It can be RUFF work, but we love it!!
If you would like to join our team, please email your resume and cover letter with the Subject “Team BVB” to email@example.com. Thanks for your consideration!!
Smart Doggy Day Care Handler Level 1, Full Time We are always interested in adding active, friendly and hard working dog lovers to our team!!! New Dog Handlers will be working along side our veteran crew while supervising dog play groups, providing obedience and manners training, and keeping the facility clean. If you are interested, please send us your resume with a short cover letter explaining how your experience would make you a valuable addition to our team. We are willing to train new employees in all aspects of their duties, but applicants with dog care or training experience will be given preference over those without.
All applicants should:
– Have great customer service and communication skills
– Be able to solve problems, think on your feet and reliably follow directions
– Enjoy interacting with dogs of all breeds and sizes
– Have experience working with dogs and reading basic dog body language
– Be comfortable learning to work with groups of 15-20 dogs at a time
– Be okay with cleaning up after dog messes routinely throughout the day
– Be excited to learn and perform positive, reward based training methods
– Have stamina to keep up in a fast paced environment
– Enjoy and plan for working outdoors in all kinds of weather year round
– Be able to stand/walk for long periods of time (no sitting in group ever)
– Be able to lift up to 50 lbs, run, bend, crouch and crawl when necessary
– Be capable of regular cleaning activities: mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing and more
– Have a flexible schedule with daytime, evening and weekend availability
Compensation for this position begins at $9.00-$11.00/hr depending on the level of previous animal care experience. New employees that complete a successful 60 day probationary period earning a $0.25 – $0.50 increase. Applicants with experience in the animal care field may start at a higher wage than those without.
Please email your resume and cover letter with the Subject “Team BVB” for consideration. Due to our busy schedule, no phone calls or walk-ins can be accepted regarding this position. We will contact qualified candidates for interviews as soon as possible.
Compassionate Care Groomer, Part Time
We are looking to add an experienced dog groomer to our team. We have part time availability. Scheduling is flexible. You are welcome to share our current client list and reach a large pool of potential customers through our day care/boarding facility. We give preferential scheduling to current day care customers in the late afternoon/evening during their scheduled day care days, but also accept outside customers per the groomer’s availability.
We provide fans and dryers, shampoo, tables, crates, towels and scheduling assistance.
-Discussing grooming requests with customers
– Providing the desired look, cut, or service to the grooming customers
-Building customer clientele and promoting grooming at Doggy Day Care
-Excellent dog handling skills on the table, in the facility and in front of clients and customers
-Maintaining grooming records and establishing a relationship with customers
-General cleaning of the grooming area
-Communicate with Day Care Staff and customers about scheduling, pricing, and customer requests as needed.
-Must have own grooming tools
-Excellence in customer service
-Ability to adjust work hours and days as needed
-Honest, friendly, reliable and outgoing
-Strong work ethic, attention to detail and timeliness
-Experience as a dog groomer required, please be prepared with your portfolio and let us know your availability to come in to perform a sample grooming with hair cut.
You will be responsible for maintaining all personal equipment, keeping tools sharp, clean and in perfect working order. As well as cleaning and maintaining provided dryers, crates and work space.
Compensation for this position begins with a commission of 50% to 60% depending on experience, with employees that complete a successful 60 day probationary period becoming eligible for a potential commission increase. Applicants with more experience will be considered for higher starting commissions.
Please email your resume and cover letter with the Subject “Team BVB”.
We are looking for someone who can literally jump right in; please, only respond if you have experience as a Dog Groomer and can provide a before and after grooming portfolio with original work. A test groom will be scheduled following successful interviews.
Due to our busy schedule, no phone calls or walk-ins can be accepted regarding this position. We will contact qualified candidates for interviews as soon as possible.
Other job perks for Dog Handlers and Groomers include:
- Free Day Care* for your dog while you’re at work and half price Day Care* when you’re off the clock
- Half priced Stay & Play Overnight Care* for your dog
- Discount on retail supplies and dog food in our store
*Doggy Day Care and Stay & Play Overnight Care becomes available to new employees after they successfully complete the 60 day probationary period. All employee dogs must meet current health and behavior requirements.