It can be RUFF work, but we love it!!
If you would like to join our team, please email your resume and cover letter with the Subject “Team BVB” to email@example.com. Thanks for your consideration!!
We are always interested in adding active, friendly and hard working dog lovers to our team!!! New team members will be working along side our veteran crew while supervising dog play groups, providing obedience and manners training, and keeping the facility clean. If you are interested, please send us your resume with a short cover letter explaining how your experience would make you a valuable addition to our team. We are willing to train new employees in all aspects of their duties, but applicants with dog care or training experience will be given preference over those without.
All applicants should:
– Have great customer service and communication skills
– Be able to solve problems, think on your feet and reliably follow directions
– Enjoy interacting with dogs of all breeds and sizes
– Have experience working with dogs and reading basic dog body language
– Be comfortable learning to work with groups of 15-20 dogs at a time
– Be okay with cleaning up after dog messes routinely throughout the day
– Be excited to learn and perform positive, reward based training methods
– Have stamina to keep up in a fast paced environment
– Enjoy and plan for working outdoors in all kinds of weather year round
– Be able to stand/walk for long periods of time (no sitting in group ever)
– Be able to lift up to 50 lbs, run, bend, crouch and crawl when necessary
– Be capable of regular cleaning activities: mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing and more
– Have a flexible schedule with daytime, evening and weekend availability
Compensation for this position begins at $9.00-$10.00/hr depending on experience, with employees that complete a successful 60 day probationary period earning a $0.25 – $0.50 increase. Applicants with experience in the animal field may start at a higher wage than those without.
Other job perks include:
- Free Day Care for your dog while you’re at work and half price Day Care when you’re off the clock
- Half priced Stay & Play Overnight Care for your dog
- Discount on retail supplies and dog food in our store
*Doggy Day Care and Stay & Play Overnight Care becomes available to new employees after they successfully complete the 60 day probationary period. All employee dogs must meet current health and behavior requirements.